11.05.2008

Chicken Almond Casserole

  • Chicken Almond Casserole
    10 - 12 servings - 2 casserole dishes
    (one to serve and one small one to keep at home)
  • 2 cups cooked rice
  • 2 cups cooked chicken (you can buy canned in pinch but this is a good way to use up leftovers)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cream of celery soup (or mushroom if you want)
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 3 hard boiled eggs (this is a newer addition of mine....I don't think the original recipe I used had this but it seems to 'fill in the spaces' well)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice (I kept changing the amount higher and higher until 1/4 cup seemed to suit my taste buds.
  • 2 cups celery chopped
  • 3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise....(if the whole thing is too dry...I would rather add more of this than any other ingredient. Of course, I only use Hellman's light...NOT that I am promoting any one brand but it is so much yummier. However, if you are used to the sweetness that comes with other mayonnaise....you will miss it if you use Hellman's.)
  • 1 cup sliced almonds
  • crushed potato chips
Mix all ingredients except potato chips; refrigerate overnight or all day. Top with crushed potato chips. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Enjoy...trust me...this is so addictive! And...as the ingredients go so well with one another, you can 'mix and match' or substitute with marvelous results.

No comments: