9.15.2011

Pulled Chicken Salad with Lime-Cilantro Dressing

Pulled Chicken Salad with Lime-Cilantro Dressing

recipe credit


4 – 6 cups salad greens; Romaine mixed with other greens work well (I used Romaine, spring greens, and baby spinach) 
Some red onion, halved or quartered, and thinly sliced  
Some tomatoes, diced or quartered 
Some carrots, shredded 
Some walnut halves or pieces (optional, but I like the crunch and nutritional factors) 
Small pieces of pulled chicken
Mix salad greens. Top with red onion, tomatoes, carrots, walnuts, chicken, and finally cilantro-lime dressing. (See recipe below.) 

Cilantro-Lime Dressing

2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or similar; I recommend a healthy oil with some flavor of its own)
1 tbsp minced onion (or shallots; I use a yellow onion most often)
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
3 tbsp fresh lime juice (about the juice of one lime)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed or minced (I’m sure I added more, but that’s just me)
Add all ingredients to your blender pitcher. Blend for a minute or two until fairly smooth. I blended until fairly smooth, but a few flecks of green from the cilantro remained. If you don’t have a blender, you may put all ingredients in a jar, seal, and shake about a minute. Just know that your dressing will have bits of onion, cilantro, and garlic that stand out, which is not a bad thing in my opinion.
Drizzle Pulled Chicken Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing immediately before serving. 

No comments: