* 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3/4 cup cup water
* 2 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
1. Combine diced strawberries and sugar in a medium sized bowl. Toss and let sit for 30 minutes until flavors meld.
2. Add strawberry/sugar mixture, water and lemon juice to a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
3. Although not necessary, at this point you can pour the mixture through a sieve to remove excess seeds.
4. Pour blended mixture into an 8×8 glass baking dish. Cover with foil and freeze for 3 hours.
5. Remove from the freezer. Using a fork, scrape strawberry mixture off the edge of the baking dish. Gently combine. Cover and freeze for another 3 hours or overnight.
6. When ready to serve, use a fork to gently mix the ice granita mixture. Serve plain or over ice cream or custard.