A.K.A 'The best darn Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins I've ever had!' Seriously, you won't know they are Gluten Free!!
1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Flour
1 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries (or whatever you like)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the first 5 (dry) ingredients and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, blend the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla. Blend.
4. Reserving a few tablespoons of the dry ingredients, add the dry ingredient mixture & the sour cream to the wet ingredients, alternating between the two, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
5. Add the mix-in of your choice the reserved dry ingredients and toss to coat. Fold into the batter until evenly distributed.
6. Grease 12 standard sized muffin cups. Distribute the batter evenly among them. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the middle muffin comes out with nothing but a few moist crumbs attached.