Black Forest Cheesecake
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
* 1/4 cup baking cocoa
* 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
* 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the mixture evenly into crust.
2. Fold cocoa and confectioners’ sugar into remaining whipped topping mixture; carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
3. Cut into slices; top each slice with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.