recipe credit: everyday food magazine january/february 2010 issue
Weight Watchers: 6 points (includes 1/2 cup white rice)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, vinegar, and soy sauce. Heat a large skillet or wok over high until hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat skillet. Add chicken and stir until opaque but not cooked through, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, and garlic to skillet and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add peppers and stir 2 minutes. Add soy mixture and bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet and toss until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve over rice, topped with cilantro.