Pan Fried Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
You will need:
* 4 boneless pork chops
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup all purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1/4 cup milk
* fresh cracked black pepper and kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to warm setting.
2. Place pork chops in a resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and hit the pork chops with a meat mallet until 1/4 inch thick.
3. In one bowl beat egg. In a separate bowl combine flour and seasoning salt.
4. Remove pork chops from plastic bag, dip in egg and then dredge in flour to coat completely. Transfer to a plate and let set for 15 minutes.
5. In a skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Once butter has melted fry pork chops until browned and cooked through. About 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a ovenproof dish and place in oven to keep warm.
6. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the pan drippings. Add mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour over the top, stir. Cook for 1 minute. Whisk in broth and milk. Cook until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Place cooked pork chops on a serving platter, spoon gravy over the top.