Hot Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Serves 4 as an appetizer
You will need:
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 3 1/2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
* 1 cup coarsely chopped artichoke hearts
* 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
* 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
* 6 ounces fresh dungeness crab meat, picked over for shells (you can substitute a 6oz can of crab meat)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small skillet melt butter over medium heat. Once butter melts add spinach and cook just until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
3. To the spinach add artichoke hearts, cream cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and crab meat. Stir to combine.
4. Butter a small casserole dish, spoon mixture into the dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, stir and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Turn on the broiler and cook for 3-5 minutes or until top is browned and edges are bubbly.
6. Allow to cool slightly and serve with tortilla chips.