Beef Fried Rice
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
* 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
* 2 egg yolks, leftover from Fortune Cookies recipe
* 1/2 cup leftover broccoli from Crispy Orange Beef with Broccoli recipe
* 1/2 cup bean sprouts
* 1/2 cup leftover beef, from Crispy Orange Beef with Broccoli recipe
* 2 cups leftover cooked rice from Crispy Orange Beef with Broccoli recipe
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* Freshly ground black pepper
* 1 scallion, thinly sliced
In a large wok or skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl and pour them into the hot pan. Cook until set, about 1 minute. Remove them from the pan to a plate and set aside.
Return the pan to the stove over high heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the broccoli and bean sprouts, and stir-fry until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in the beef, rice and soy sauce. Season with pepper, to taste, and add the cooked egg. Toss and cook the mixture until hot, about 2 minutes. Transfer to serving dishes and garnish with sliced scallions.