You will need:
* 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
* 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon iodized salt
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 3 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
* 1 cup pureed pumpkin
* store bought vanilla frosting
* orange sugar crystals
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
3. In another bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla, sugar and oil.
4. Slowly whisk dry ingredients into into sugar mixture. Fold in pureed pumpkin.
5. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in cupcake tin for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from cupcake tin and place on cooling rack to cool completely. Frost and sprinkle with sugar crystals.