- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
In a shallow baking dish combine flour, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the tilapia and lightly coat each side.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Shake off any excess seasoned flour and place in the skillet. Brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place tilapia on a baking sheet that is lined with a paper grocery bag or paper towels and keep warm in the oven while you prepare the sauce.
Turn down the heat to the pan the tilapia was cooked to low and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic, lemon juice and parsley and saute for 2 minutes. Place the fillets on serving plates or a platter, top with the sauce and serve.