4 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2" thickness
1 box garlic croutons (my best estimate), finely crushed or pulverized
in a food processor
1/2 cup shredded cheese, Italian blend (mine had 5 kinds of cheese)
4 thick slices of mozzarella cheese (or just use extra cheese from
your Italian blend)
1-2 eggs, beaten
1 lb pasta, angel hair or spaghetti
1 jar marinara or spaghetti sauce, your favorite brand
vegetable oil, for cooking chicken
1. Preheat oven to 375-f degrees. Lightly spray bottom of 9"x13"
casserole dish. Pour marinara sauce into bottom casserole dish.
2. If not done already, pound chicken between two sheets of wax,
parchment or plastic wrap, until 1/2" thick or less.
3. In a large dish, combine the crushed croutons and the cheese. Set
aside. In another bowl, add the beaten eggs. Line these two bowls up
next to your 9x13" casserole pan. Prepare to dip the chicken!
4. Dip chicken in egg, then in croutons, pressing the chicken firmly
down to get crumbs to adhere. Lightly shake off excess crumbs.
5. Heat a saute pan to med-high. Cook chicken pieces until browned,
about 4-5 minutes on each side. Set browned chicken breasts on top of
marinara sauce. Repeat until all chicken breasts are coated.
6. Top chicken pieces with 1 thick slice of mozzarella cheese. Put
into heated oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is browned
and chicken is cooked through.
7. While the chicken is cooking, prepare your spaghetti. Cook
according to box directions. Serve alongside the chicken and marinara
sauce. Serves 4